Contentment: Be Happy with What You Have



Last Easter, Sheila Samonte-Pesayco of Writers Edge, Inc. shared on Facebook some life musings and a lesson on contentment during the time of covid19:

"This must be the most memorable Easter celebration in history. We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ after He was buried in a tomb. How ironic that many of us are stuck in our homes during this celebration while others are out saving those afflicted with the virus. Wherever we are, we live in fear and anxiety. We ask: when will the daily ritual of counting the dead-end? 

"If there's anything I'm gaining from this collective human experience, it's contentment. Being happy with what you have. Making do with what you've got. I used to aspire to become a lot of things. And also I used to pray only for myself and my loved ones. Now I find myself praying that the frontliners, the delivery boys, the grocery staff, the security guards, my next-door neighbors, and all the people I may never get to meet to be safe. 

"My dream is for all of humanity to prevail. May Easter bring you hope that one day, we will see each other's smile again, mask off.  Happy Easter to you and your family!"

Speaking of contentment, it reminds me of a phrase I used to keep hearing at PSI (Purposeful Stewardship Institute), that "All the time I have is all the time I need." Can we also say, "All the things I have are all the things I need"?


Comments

Top of UpShop (recent reader favorites)